Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Make it Tuesday - Mexican biscuit muffins

mexican fun2

mexican fun

mexican fun3

I was having fun one day so I decided to try something different and quick....I took a basic biscuit recipe and make biscuit rounds....lined a muffin pan with the biscuit rounds...bringing them up the sides so it made like a cup....

Browned some ground turkey and added onions to the saute and then added my mexican taco seasonings to it....let it cool a bit and then loaded the centers of the biscuit cups with this mixture...I then baked them in the oven for about 20 minutes and added some grated cheddar cheese to the tops and baked them for another 5-7 minutes and voila....these were a huge hit...I served them with a green mixed salad and a bean salad with sour cream and onions....I also made guacamole for my Mexican muffins...it was so so good and so so easy....

I think you can make all kinds of versions of this...you could even make a turkey version that tastes like Thanksgiving Dinner....with stuffing as the base with some biscuits and a nice bit of cranberries on the top...I will try that next time and tell you all about it!!!

Happy Tuesday!!!

5 comments:

Diane said...

Hi Diana!
These muffins look delicious! Love that cheesy look. Cheese is a favorite but haven't had much since trying to eat in a more healthy manner.No sugar, white flour & very minimal cheese.
Have a great day & give Cole kisses for me! Hugs, Diane

Unknown said...

Cole loved these!!!!! he ate two of them!!!

Deborah said...

Oh yummmmmm! But I couldn't eat a bite after gorging on Silke's fabulous figs! **kisses** Deb

Silke Powers said...

Oh, after your comment on my blog I had a feeling I'd find food here as well! Do those look amazing or what?!? I'm going to have to try to replicate those soon - we so love Mexican food!! Enjoy! Love, Silke

Lisa M Griffin said...

Diana, this looks amazing! What a great idea and my family loves Mexican as well. So thoughtful of you to share your yummy recipe. Have a great night!!!

 
Blogging tips