Friday, October 26, 2012

Paint Party Friday....better late than never....some Día de los Muertos







 




Happy Paint Party Friday Everyone....

I have just about had the best week of my entire life....sorry to be so late in posting but you will all understand once I tell you what happened to me this past week....something mind blowing....something I could have never ever dreamed of in my entire life.....

New will come soon!!!!

I was lucky enough to also get a new request from a client for a Dia de los muertos mask for my paper dolls and have so much fun working on this....so I am sharing these super cuties with you all for my PPF submission......I have added these dolls in my Shop too.....

Day of the Dead (Spanish: Día de los Muertos) is a Mexican holiday celebrated throughout Mexico and around the world in other cultures. The holiday focuses on gatherings of family and friends to pray for and remember friends and family members who have died. It is particularly celebrated in Mexico, where it is a national holiday, and all banks are closed. The celebration takes place on November 1, in connection with the Catholic holidays of All Saints' Day and All Souls' Day (November 2). Traditions connected with the holiday include building private altars honoring the deceased using sugar skulls, marigolds, and the favorite foods and beverages of the departed and visiting graves with these as gifts. They also leave possessions of the deceased. ....Wikepedia.....

I will tell you about my wonderful news soon!!!

Happy Friday Everyone....and Happy Creating!!!


28 comments:

Netty said...

Loving your doll and her dog Diana and a great idea to use the star brads to connect the limbs, brill. Happy PPF, Annette x

lorik said...

So imaginative! Love the still life you set up and the results you acheived through processing. They really are beautiful and have a glint of humour too! Very nice.

aimee said...

these were totally worth the wait! you blow me away with your work!

Mary C. Nasser said...

Oh, Diana, I can hardly wait to hear about the best week of your life and your good news! These dolls are adorable! Love that the dog has a Day of the Day mask!!
♥♥♥
Happy PPF!!
Mary
Mixed-Media Map Art

Dolores said...

Obviously very good news.
Great Day of the Dead illustrations - especially the little dog.

Rita said...

These are FANTASTIC! I love them. Dying (haha...no pun intended at first...) to hear your big news after that teaser!!

Unknown said...

Can't wait to hear your news. Your illustrations are marveloso. Fantastico!

Unknown said...

Your illustrations are marveloso! Fantastico!

Marji said...

Ok.. I'll be on pins and needles now until you share your news!!! I adore your dolls and the doggie one is awesome. Happy PPF

Christine said...

lovely work, can't wait to hear your news!

bellefrogworks said...

Wonderful drawings - Happy PPF!

Caroline said...

WOW these are stunning love them. Caroline xxx

Tracey FK said...

can't wait for that wonderful news and love your work this week... you are simply consistently wonderful...xx

soulbrush said...

Me too can't wait to hear. Tell us Tell us.Happy PPF.

denthe said...

Well, you certainly know how to build some suspense .... That doll with the dog is super!

Nancy McCarroll said...

Wonderful dolls!! Just marvelous!

carol l mckenna said...

Wonderful Diana ~ lovely work for the 'season' ~ happy weekend ~ (A Creative Harbor) ^_^

Anonymous said...

ooo, suspense waiting for news! The dolls are so cute love the skull masks and even one for the little dog!
I have rejoined as a follower, I have had blogging troubles AGAIN but this time its fixed and a new blog to boot!

Kokopelli said...

That dog makes me laugh! And I especially love the little star pins you used on arms and legs. Oh yes, and check out my blog, as I wrote a little feature about the Halloween treat boxes: http://kokopellidesign.blogspot.de/2012/10/ein-bisschen-halloween-spasome.html

GlorV1 said...

Love your paperdolls. Beautiful and can hardly wait for the news. I'm sure it's good news.

Ritu Dua said...

Your doll and the dog are absolutely adorable ...they make my heart smile:)

Anonymous said...

your paper dolls are fabulous. You have us all so intrigued to learn your news!! can't wait to find out!

Janine said...

Hi Diana,
I love paperdolls, this is so funny. Happy weekend
Janine

Abela said...

What fun! are like puppets, a show of guiñols. Saludos

bohemiannie! art said...

These are just as cool as it gets! Love your photos. And...now I can't wait to hear the news. Congratulations on whatever it is!

Unknown said...

Amazing that you manage to make them spooky and cute at the same time.

Annabelle said...

These are just the right kind of spooky fun Halloween dolls every kid should have and maybe adults too! Lovely work Diana!

Happy Halloween ~ Annabelle m^._.^m ~^..^~

Giggles said...

Adorable!! Very imaginative!! Stay safe!!

Hugs Giggles

 
Blogging tips