Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Funnel Cakes and 10 Minute Warm Up Wednesday.....WOYWW.......










Hi Everyone....The other night I made these Funnel Cakes and they were amazing! Just like being at the Amusement Park!!!

Funnel Cakes

1 egg, beaten
2/3 cup milk 

1- 2 tbs stroh 45 rum
1 tbs vanilla
1 tsp baking powder
1 ¼ cup all purpose flour 2 Tbsp sugar
¼ tsp salt
Oil for frying - I used Coconut oil to make them a bit healthier....
Powdered sugar for topping

Mix egg and milk. Sift dry ingredients and gradually add to milk mixture, beat until smooth.

Preheat oil in a shallow fry pan to 375 degrees F.

Pour batter into hot oil with a funnel with a ½ “ or ¾” hole. I saved a container from my Helman's Mayonaise and then used that to squirt the batter into the pan and it worked amazingly......When you squirt or funnel the batter into the hot oil....spiral it so you get the overall effect.....


Cook about 1 minute until a bit golden brown, flip over, cooking both sides. 
Remove and drain on paper towels.

Sprinkle with powdered sugar.... I love these with Whipped Cream and chopped Strawberries....or even Vanilla Ice Cream....mmmmmm


and now for my 10 Minute Warm Up.....Since I have strawberries everywhere....How about a quick little cupcake sketch with a Strawberry on top!!!!

  Join me..........................................


10 Minute Warm Up is about taking 10 minutes of your day to breathe, relax, open up your mind to possibilities and then create something....you can be inspired to sketch your coffee cup....something on your desk....your table....anything....try it....it is a great way to start the day....then pop back here and share it so we can all see and be inspired by each other!!! I have a linkie thing here so you can add your work any day of the week ....Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday....Sunday....so join me!!! won't you!

Happy WOYWW Everyone....and Happy Creating.....







Follow me on Twitter
Join my Facebook Page




7 comments:

Candace said...

those cakes look lovely

Zue said...

That looks and sounds so delicious. Thank you for the recipe!
Xxx
Sue /Zue

Anonymous said...

your 10 minute warmup is really cute, the funnel cakes look so good!!I have heard of these but never had them, at fairs around here we have beaver tails, same concept fried batter, sugar, fat, all good!!

PaintingWrite said...

Although I don't eat dairy or eggs, I have to say I'm already wondering if there is a vegan alternative to your recipe as they look amazing!!
Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog - I was going to email you but you are a no-reply comment person so I couldn't!

ria gall said...

those cakes look amazzzzzing wow
Thanks for sharing your desk today, Happy WOYWW hope you have a great week
Ria #42

Anonymous said...

It looks sooooooo good!!! yum!

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm, yummy, yummy!
Gabriele #112

 
Blogging tips